■Thermal Science Laboratory
03/1984, Ph.D., The University of Tokyo
03/1981, M.S., The University of Tokyo
03/2013, Ph.D., Nagoya Institute of Technology
03/2010, M.S., Nagoya Institute of Technology
- 1.Heat transfer mechanisms in high-heat flux boiling.
- 2.Heat transfer characteristics of transition boiling.
- 3.Linear and non-linear wave propagation in non-equilibrium gas.
We have investigated the heat transfer mechanism in transition boiling where dry and wet areas coexist. Solving on inverse heat conduction problem, local heat fluxes were estimated from temperature histories at multiple locations. A number of thermocouples were created in a single plane by diffusion bonding (Fig. 1). This type of junction is stress-proof and has a high response. Figure 2 shows the behavior of liquid on the surface as the system pressure decreased suddenly and a single vapor bubble covered the surface. Figure 3 shows the variation in heat flux. The contribution of the triple contact line, which is the boundary between liquid and vapor phases on the surface, is about 24 kW per unit length of the contact line and per unit temperature difference.
- 1)Y. Kato and Y. Haramura, “Which is better for regenerator matrix, metal gauze or smooth channel?” 15th International Stirling Engine Conference (Bilbao, 2014).
- 2)Y. Haramura, “Local heat removal by liquid film on the expansion of dry area on a superheated copper wall,” Proceedings of the 15th International Heat Transfer Conference, IHTC15-9048 (2014).
- 3)Z. Li, Y. Haramura et al., “Analysis of a high performance model Stirling engine with compact porous-sheets heat exchangers,” Energy, vol. 64, pp. 31–43 (2014).
- 4)M Ota and Y. Haramura, “Heat transfer during compression and expansion of gas,” Journal of Heat Transfer, vol. 130(3), pp. 032801 (2008).
- 5)T. Arima et al., “Molecular extended thermodynamics of rarefied polyatomic gases and wave velocities for increasing number of moments,” Annals of Physics, vol. 345, pp.111–140 (2014).
- 6)T. Arima et al., "Non-linear extended thermodynamics of real gases with 6 fields", International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, vol. 72, pp. 6-15 (2015).
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers, Heat Transfer Society of Japan, Japan Society of Design Engineering.
Physical Society of Japan, Japan Society of Mechanical Engineers.
|◯ Professors: 1||◯ Assistant Professors: 1||◯ Postgraduates: 4|
|◯ Undergraduates: 13|