■Information Systems Engineering Laboratory
09/1995, Ph.D., University of Tsukuba
03/1984, M.S., Aoyama Gakuin University
03/1995, Dr.Sci., Graduate University for Advanced Studies
03/1991, M.Eng., Tohoku Gakuin University
Software Development, Educational Technology.
- 1. Software for education.
- 2. Educational content creation.
- 3. Software development.
We study development technology for educational software and develop software and content for education.
- ・Full-scale lesson management support system
We have developed WebLec, a full-scale lesson management support system that is programmed in Java. WebLec has been used for education in various universities for more than 10 years, and we introduce improvements annually.
- ・e-Learning content for programming languages
We have developed e-learning content for programming languages such as Java, C, and C++. We use many animations in the learning content to aid understanding.
- ・Tools for web applications
We have developed an object-oriented database system for web applications to aid design and development.
- ・Educational content
We study clear e-learning content by creating and evaluating various types of content.
- ・E-book creation
E-books are important for education. We propose a new e-book creation style and publish e-books with content that can be altered to match the level of the student.
- 1) S. Uchida, M. Takesawa, Y. Tanaka, and Q. Lou, “A lesson management support system using Ajax,” International Symposium on Recent Trends in Global E-learning and Collaboration, Tokyo (2007) [CD-ROM].
- 2) S. Uchida, “WebLec: A full-scale on management support system developed by university students,” Web-based Learning: Technology and Pedagogy: Proceedings of the 4th International Conference, Hong Kong, pp. 13–21, (2005).
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Japan Industrial Management Association, the Japan e-Learning Association, the Japan Society for Management Information, Information Processing Society of Japan, Japanese Society for Information and Systems in Education
Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, Physical Society of Japan, Japan Society of Applied Physics.
|◯ Associate Professors: 1||◯ Assistant Professors: 1|
|◯ Postgraduates: 3||◯ Undergraduates: 11|