■Design Engineering Laboratory
03/1990, Ph.D. in Aeronautics and Astronautics, The University of Tokyo
03/1987, M.A., The University of Tokyo
03/2018, Ph.D., Tokushima University
03/2015, M.E., Tokushima University
S. Nagai: Control Engineering
- 1. Mathematical physics of form and function.
- 2.Dynamics of nonlinear systems.
- 3.Creativity literacy.
- 4.History of science.
Design is “to create a new form to solve problems in the course of society developments.” Creativity is “to produce a new value by connecting unrelated concepts.” Feasibility means “to be scientific, manufacturable, and fulfilling design constraints.” To design beautiful, beneficial products, designers should have an overall decision-making philosophy, a vision for a product to make people happy, and concepts to specify the product.
- 1) T. Sugimoto, “Newton’s Principia Revisited: A New Passage of the Solution to the Direct Kepler Problem,” Proc. Acad. Mech. Japan, vol. 1, pp. 17-27 (2015).
- 2) T. Sugimoto, “The historic Japanese visitors to St Helena,” Wirebird, No. 43, pp.21–33 (2014).
- 3) T. Sugimoto, “Discourse on the latus rectum in conics,” Symmetry, vol. 24(1-4), pp. 295–309 (2013).
- 4) T. Sugimoto, “A theory for ciliary gliding in freshwater planarians,” J. Aero Aqua Bio-mech., vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 57–63 (2010).
- 5)T. Sugimoto, “How to present the heart of Newton’s Principia: a primer on the conic sections without Apollonius of Perga,” Symmetry, vol. 20(1–4), pp.113–144 (2009)
- 6) T. Sugimoto, “Bifurcation and hysteresis phenomena in two-dimensional sail-sail-flow interactions,” Physics of Fluids, vol. 19(12), pp. 122102-1–13 (2007).
- 7) T. Sugimoto, “Design to learn science and art symmetrically,” Symmetry, vol. 16(1–2), pp. 33–40 (2006).
- 1) S. Nagai, H. Oya, T. Matsuki and Y. Hoshi, “Adaptive Gain Robust Control Strategies for Uncertain Dynamical Systems,” Adaptive Robust Control and Applications, Chapter 10, pp.185-215 (2018).
- 2) S. Nagai, H. Oya, T. Kubo and T. Matsuki, “Decentralized Variable Gain Robust Practical Tracking for a Class of Uncertain Large-Scale Interconnected System,” Proc. the 43rd Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society (IECON2017), pp.3015-3020 (2017).
- 3) S. Nagai, H. Oya, T. Kubo and T. Matsuki, “Decentralized Variable Gain Robust Controller Design for a Class of Large-Scale Interconnected Systems with Mismatched Uncertainties,” International Journal of Systems Science, vol.48(8), pp.1616-1623 (2017).
- 4) S. Nagai and H. Oya, “Synthesis of Decentralized Variable Gain Robust Controllers with Guaranteed L2 Gain Performance for a Class of Uncertain Large-Scale Interconnected Systems,” Journal of Control Science and Engineering, vol.2015, Art. ID:342867, pp.1-11 (2015).
- 5) H. Oya, D. Yamasaki, S. Nagai and K. Hagino, “Synthesis of Adaptive Gain Robust Controllers for Polytopic Uncertain Systems”, Journal of Control Science and Engineering, vol.2015, Art. ID:854306, pp.1-8 (2015).
- 6) S. Nagai and H. Oya, “Synthesis of Decentralize Variable Gain Robust Controllers for Large-Scale Interconnected Systems with Structured Uncertainties,” Journal of Control Science and Engineering, vol.2014, Art. ID:848465, pp.1-10 (2014).
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Euromech, The Society for Mathematical Biology, Ornithological Society of New Zealand, Society for Science on Form, History of Science Society of Japan
IEEE, The Society of Instrument and Control Engineers, The Institute of Electrical Engineers of Japan
|◯ Professors: 1||◯ Assistant Professors: 1|
|◯ Postgraduates: 1||◯ Undergraduates: 10|
Facilities: Reflection telescope, wind tunnel, 3D printer, 3D scanner, computers.