■Manufacturing Systems Engineering Laboratory
03/2015, Ph.D., Tohoku University
03/1995, Ph.D., Nagoya Institute of Technology
03/1992, M.S., Nagoya Institute of Technology
03/2010, Ph.D., Nanzan University
03/2007, M.S., Nanzan University
Manufacturing Systems Engineering
- 1.Just-in-time and lean production systems.
- 2.Kaizen (continuous improvement) and quality management.
- 3. Environmentally conscious systems.
- 4. Supply chain management.
- 5. Optimal inventory control.
- 6. Service management.
- 7. Optimal pricing.
The Manufacturing Systems Engineering Laboratory is engaged in research related to developing production and service management systems. It is common for companies involved in a traditional supply chain to collect and reprocess used products. We are striving to establish appropriate systems that increase profitability by reducing transportation, inventory, and environmental costs, and to explore the best way to achieve environmentally friendly manufacturing and human-friendly service.
- 1) K. Nakashima, T. Sornmanapong, H. Ehm, and G. Yachi, “Stochastic inventory control systems with consideration for the cost factors based on EBIT,” International Journal of Supply Chain Management, vol. 3(3), pp. 68–74 (2014).
- 2) K. Nakashima and S. M. Gupta, “A study on the risk management of multi Kanban System in a closed loop supply chain,” International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 139, pp. 65–68 (2012).
- 3) K. Sato and K. Sawaki, “The dynamic pricing for callable securities with Markov-modulated prices,” Journal of the Operations Research Society of Japan, vol. 57(3-4), pp. 87–103 (2014).
- 4)K. Sato and K. Sawaki, “A continuous-time dynamic pricing model knowing the competitor's pricing strategy,” European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 229, pp. 223–229 (2013).
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Japan Industrial Management Association, The Japanese Society for Quality Control, The Operations Research Society of Japan, Japan Society for Information and Management, Japan Association for Management Systems, etc.
The Operations Research Society of Japan, Japan Industrial Management Association, Nippon Finance Association，Japan Association of Real Options and Strategy
|◯ Professors: 1||◯ Assistant Professors: 1|
|◯ Postgraduates: 1||◯ Undergraduates: 17|