03/1990, D. Science., Tokyo Institute of Technology
1. Biomechanics for bipedal animals of extinct dinosaurs and extant human.
2. Solving Navier-Stokes equation numerically, we analyze swimming patterns of extinct animals such as Anomalocaris which lived 520 million years ago.
3. Optimization problem of so called NP complete such as traveling salesman problem. Statistical method called real space renormalization are used.
4. Neural networks. Deep learning used in the field of AI research are investigated.
5. Computer Graphics. Lost world of Cambrian sea and Mesozoic sea are visually reconstructed using 3D-studio MAX. Devices of multiple display are constructed for viewing those ultra resolution computer graphics.
- 1) Y.Usami and R. Kinugasa, A Possiblity of Fast Running of Tyrannosaurus. to be published on DEStech Transactions on Applied Mechanics and Mechanical Automation (2017).
- 2) R.Kinugasa and Y. Usami, How Fast Can a Human Run? − Bipedal vs. Quadrupedal Running,Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology, (2016;4)56. doi: 10.3389/fbioe.2016.00056.
- 3) Y.Usami, Biomechanics for Bipedal Dinosaurs, (Y.Usami) Createspace, (2014).
- 4) Y.Usami, Evolutionary computation strategy is superior than simulated annealing for obtaining running motion of dinosaur, Proceedings of ECTA2014 Rome.
Affiliated Academic Organizations
Y. Usami, Japan Physical Soc., Soc. Math. Biol. Jpn., Soc. Paleontology Jpn.
|◯ Assoc. Professors: 1||◯ Undergraduates: 4|
Three of 80inch display and projection system.