■Nucleic Acid Chemistry Laboratory
1986, Ph.D., Hokkaido University
1983, M.S., Hokkaido University
1981, B.S., Hokkaido University
Ph.D., Tokyo Institute of Technology
M.S., Tokyo Institute of Technology
B.S., Aoyama Gakuin University
- 1.Development of oligonucleotide prodrugs.
- 2.Synthesis, properties, and structures of metallo-DNA duplexes.
- 3.Development of highly sensitive Hg(II) ion sensors and Hg(II) ion adsorbing materials.
Some of our recent results are shown below.
Nucleic Acid Chemotherapy
Mercury Ion Detection
Oligonucleotide-based therapies promise to be highly specific tools for treating numerous human diseases. However, the multi-anionic nature of oligonucleotides prohibits cellular internalization. In addition, oligonucleotides are sensitive to extra- and intracellular nucleolytic enzymes. To circumvent these drawbacks, we are developing oligonucleotide prodrugs (pro-oligos). Pro-oligos can penetrate cells, where the pro-oligos are activated by cellular functions.
Contamination with heavy metal ions may have severe effects on human health and the environment. Mercury contamination is widespread and arises from a variety of natural and anthropogenic sources. We are developing new methods for detecting and isolating mercury ions efficiently in aqueous solution.
- 1)H. Saneyoshi*, K. Kondo, N. Sagawa, A. Ono*“Glutathione-triggered activation of the model of pro-oligonucleotide with benzyl protecting groups at the internucleotide linkage” Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2016, 26, 622-625.H.
- 2)H. Saneyoshi,* Y. Hiyoshi, K. Iketani, K. Kondo, A. Ono* “Bioreductive deprotection of protected thymine bases in oligonucleotides for the activation of duplex formation” Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2015, 25, 5632-5635.
- 3)H. Saneyoshi, Y. Hiyoshi, K. Iketani, K. Kondo, A. Ono, “Development of a photolabile protecting group for phosphodiesters in oligonucleotides,” Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett., 2015, 25, 2129–2132.
- 4)T. Kurokawa,* M. Igawa, A. Ono, and I. Okamoto* “Selective Transport of Mercury(II) Ions across Supported Liquid Membrane with Thymine Derivative as Carrier” Chem. Lett., 2015, 44, 1732–1734.
- 5)Y. Tanaka* (4名) H. Saneyoshi, (2名) A. Ono* “Structures, physicochemical properties, and applications of T–HgII–T, C–AgI–C, and other metallo-base-pairs” Chem. Comm., 2015, 51, 17343-17360 (Feature Article).
Affiliated Academic Organizations
The Chemical Society of Japan, The Pharmaceutical Society of Japan, The Society of Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Japan.
The Chemical Society of Japan, The Japan Society of Analytical Chemistry.
|◯ Professors: 1||◯ Assistant Professors: 1|
|◯ Postgraduates (M.C.): 6||◯ Undergraduates: 13|
Facilities: DNA Synthesizer, high-performance liquid chromatography system, thermal melting system (TMSPC-8, Shimadzu) for measuring thermal denaturation profiles of nucleic acids, fluorescence spectrophotometer.